Saturday, December 19, 2009

4 dogs, 2 humans, and 1 queen size bed - oh my!

Well sleeping arrangements last night were interesting :D Luckily Sophie is perfectly okay with sleeping on the floor in her dog bed because it was crowded enough with Kirby, Rudi, Daisy, Jeff and Me. But, we made it work. We ended up making Daisy go on the floor until Rudi and Kirby settled in, she was getting really mad at them! Then after a minute or so she calmed down and we brought her back up. I think all three of them ended up under the covers in the center of the bed and Jeff and I were left with the edges! We all stayed warm, that's for sure :)

Last night Daisy didn't really eat much dinner, but I figured she was just uncomfortable and would just end up eating more for breakfast. That was not the case - she was just as upset this morning. So, I ended up making all the other dogs leave the kitchen and I put some bacon grease (from our breakfast) in her food. That made her a bit happier and she ate enough that I didn't have to worry about her starving anymore!

After breakfast we all went outside for some yard work - well, Jeff I did yard work while the dogs sniffed and played! Even Daisy got in on the chase game this morning, I wish I had my camera out there! After a few hours I brought them all in 1 at a time to thoroughly wash the mud off their feet. All except for Rudi who had rolled in some chicken poop - he required a full bath. Jeff had to help me; that little dog is really strong and he did NOT want to take a bath!!! He's all nice and clean now though, no more chicken poop smell :D

And after a busy doggy morning, they are all happily napping in the living room. Kirby and Sophie are in their dog beds on the floor, and Daisy & Rudi are on the couch next to me. They said to say hi and they miss you, but they hope you're having a good time!

Oh, and you guys so did not have to give us any money for watching them!!! Thank you, but we really can't accept it! Just having the dogs is so much fun, that's payment enough, really :D

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, you're bedtime ritual already sounds just like ours! Daisy gets so grouchy at night that she has to go to time out! Once, Rudi is settled in then we let her get in bed after she calms down. I don't know what it is, but once 9pm rolls around she is a little meanie. Come morning, she is so happy and wagging her tail. Quite the personality right? And I can't remember the last time John and I have slept side by side. They both insist on being right in between! Thank you so much for doing that with Daisy's food. She is probably just too preoccupied with all that's going on around her to eat anything. I can't believe ya'll had to give Rudi a bath!!! I wouldn't wish that on anyone!!!! John actually puts on his bathing suit when he needs one. Neither of them like baths, but they have to have them! I am so sorry he did that! Hopefully he won't do it again. They really are a handful, so its not even a question about the money. It's a thank you gift. Our dogs are so spoiled rotten that I couldn't imagine anyone actually liking taking care of them (other than me). lol. We are just so thankful you guys were able to watch them and that you love dogs as much as we do. It reallys makes the holidays that much better, knowing ya'll care for them while we are gone. Hope tomorrow is a lot calmer with the dogs getting settled in :)

    ReplyDelete